View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 07:12 AM
pittsburgpam

I've been a quilter for about 20 years, off and on :lol: I have a tendency to complete the tops but not the quilting because it just takes so much time to hand quilt and after all the work I put into a top I just can't stand the thought of machine quilting.

My least favorite thing? Diamond stars!! It seems that no matter how careful I am, I can never get them perfect on a sewing macine so I piece them by hand.

I'm single, aged 45, with 3 children ages 27, 25, and 22, and 2 grandchildren with another on the way.

Another thing that happens no matter how careful I am is that there is ALWAYS something that is off in the finished quilt. I am aware of this and I am working on a fairly complicated one and I was SOOOO careful because I know this always happens. Well... I noticed that one of the blocks that makes up the center of a diamond star is turned the wrong way. I either take out two hand sewn seams and turn it around or, I leave it. It's kind of like a "find the one that's not like the others" in every quilt that I make! Maybe it can just be my signature in a quilt.