Thread: What's next?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 08:33 AM
mpeters1200

Forgot to add that I need to make my mom's memory quilt. I have her clothes, but I want to use more than that, so I'm taking the next year or so and building my "stash". I can't buy fabric very often, so I'll see what I end up with this time next year. But it's the most important thing on my to do list and I want to make sure I have all the time and fabric I can for it. I also have to get around to picking out a pattern too. Sometimes, that takes forever by itself.

To the wonderful quilter whose mother just passed away, use those fabrics for a quilt for YOU. I agree with the other quilters that everytime you snuggle under it you will think of her. Make it special for you. A throw, couch size or bed size...whatever YOU want. It'll be good for you. I promise. I no longer keep my mom's machine in it's case, but I use the case for current projects so I can thin of her often. She never quilted, but she sewed.

Here's a challenge: as we work on things throughout the year, we should periodically post about how we are doing on the projects on the list. I think it would be a great year-long thread to keep up on .