Old 02-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Wunder-Mar

It looks like a variation on A Thousand Pyramids, construction wise.

The triangles were cut more "squat" than the traditional pyramid, so that it looks like a flying geese. This desired shape can easily be extract from a finished Flying Geese Block and turned into a template.

Where the construction is Thousand Pyramid is this: the colored triangles are separated by inverted white triangles, so the effect is a long column of colored geese. (For the first several viewings, I thought that each row of alternating triangles is the same as the rest, but here and there are colored triangles where a white one "should" be. I can't tell from this clip if there is a secondary pattern or if it's just scrappier in some places, but I'd bet on scrappy rather than secondary.)

When one strip of these squat pyramids is pinned and sewn to the next, it aligns into columns. Here's the Quilter's Cache weblink for more information, including alternate layouts.
http://www.quilterscache.com/T/Thous...midsBlock.html

Also, I'd definitely make this as a muslin foundation pieced quilt because of the two bias sides of each triangle. I'd get the 108" wide muslin to save time and money, too.