Old 02-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by luv2learn
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by luv2learn
Billy, It seems you like a lot of machines that are not Singer. . . I seem to find a lot that are not singer and just wondered, are parts for other machines available? For instance, I just saw a photo of a Standard treadle, the guy says, "oh yea it IS 140 years old but other than needing a belt, I'm sure it's fine." Are singer parts, interchangeale with other brands? For instance if a machine doesn't have a bobbin case or bobbin? or throat plate or throat plate extension, etc.
Nothing will interchange from Singer to any other machine that I know of. Even the screws for the Singers were proprietary. Your only hope is to find several machines like each other so you can use them for parts or find one that is functionable.

Billy
What about singer to singer. . Where could I find info to tell me which Singer parts are interchangeable with which machines?

Also, have you done the tutorial using the 500A yet, and what is it called, so I can view it? Thanx
There are lots of Singer to Singer swaps but the list is so long and so many parts will interchange it would be a daunting task at best to come up with a list. Maybe after I get a few things done around here and these 3 articles written I will work on the interchange. But that will take several months and lots of hours to do.

But in the meantime I have to expand my studio (1600sqft) which I am already starting on. Then I have a lots of customers machines to work on along with 3 quilt shops I keep stocked in repaints. Oh I almost forgot I have a 1940 Ford Coupe being dropped off here this week for me to fab and replace a few body panels, put the floors in and paint.

I love this time of year and with spring coming it is going to be a good year for me!

Billy