Thread: Fabric prices?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 09:53 AM
sandybeach

I have been shoping my LQS "sale" fabric. They have a web site with their sale fabric listed. But it is very hard to see the true color. So I go in and ask them if they have something that I am looking for. They keep their sale fabric upstairs, so I can't just go in and look at them. Last Saturday I dropped off three UFOs that need border fabric and asked them to look in their sale group to see if they have something I can use. They were taking inventory and didn't want to spend the time then, so I just left the UFOs with them and they will call me when they get around to looking. But I have also gone in and they have gone upstairs immediately and brought 5 or 6 bolts for me to look through.

I just don't have $9 for a yard of fabric, and agree that if you don't patronize them, they are likely to close. Also, they are the only ones in town that can repair machines.

I also purchase sale fabric from Blue Bamboo (mybluebamboo.com), Connecting Threads, and Thousands of Bolts. Also I have purchased some from e-bay, but again, the colors are not always true.