Old 09-06-2007, 06:28 AM
dojo36

I've been reading all your posts on other people not appreciating a "quilt". I've only been quilting for a year now (wish I had started years ago). I just make the quilt top then have it machine stippled by a pro as I can't do that, I've tried and just made a mess. And I don't really know how to quilt by hand either. I've tried that too only to end up with another mess. But getting back to the topic at hand on other people not appreciating what we make whether it be a quilt or a pair of pajamas or some dish towels, I won't give anything I make to anybody that does not appreciate it but I have a sister that just oohs and aahs over anything i make for her so needless to say she gets several hand made things from me. And by the way, I entered my blue roses quilt in the local county fair, can't wait to see if i win a first place blue ribbon. The fair starts tomorrow and I'll be going Sunday evening and I'll find out then how it placed. I'll take a picture of it at the fair and post it on here. I think all you people are the greatest i've ever met on-line. Although I've sewn and crocheted for years, I nearly let time run out before I started making quilts, as I'm almost 71 now, and I am absolutely obsessed with the quilts now. I'm making lap quilts for all the women in my family for Christmas. I will just stitch in the ditch on all of them. I'm using flannel for batting, that makes them very cuddly and light weight (we all live in West Texas and don't need a heavy heavy quilt). I'm using 8" squares, one solid & one printed, then I'm machine embroidering something on the solid squares. they are turning out cute. I enjoy every one of yall but I must get something done now around the house besides sewing & making quilt tops & chatting. I bought a new sewing machine the other day, it's a Janome 6600, it does everything but perc ur coffee in the morning, lol.