View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 10:09 AM
CloverPatch

I have seen a lot of post for first quilts and they are truely stunning. It amazes me the talent some newbies have, hard to believe it is their first. Especially when they say they are flawed. I wanted to share my first quilt. Made it back in 97. I saw a quilt show, and thought I could piece fabric together. I had just moved to TN, and my new neighbors after finding out I sew clothes and costumes, unloaded some fabric on me. (I sooo wish that happened more often!)

I had a stencil for squares and cut each one out by hand with a pair of regular scissors. Hand quilting the whole thing in a clear plastic thread, I can't find anymore.
I see this quilt and think "Wow I have come a long way" And also surprised, because i have gotten soo caught up in being matchy matchy with my fabrics that the thought of throwing together random fabrics like that again would probably send me in a tail spin!
This is not a "pretty" quilt, but it was made for my daughter and she thinks its beautiful.
I don't know I see all these perfect quilts, and want to through this imperfect labor of love out there. Show that sometimes its the imperfections that make something beautiful.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-145834.jpe   attachment-145835.jpe