View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 12:37 PM
mimisharon

Hey,
I'm new and still learning my way around the group, still having trouble using this page and changing the text size, the color, the normal things for most people. I'll work at it between quilts.

I am disabled and work only at home now, I have a love of needle work, crochet, clothing construction, cross stitch, all things artsy and so it was a natural thing to pick up a quilt pattern that struck my fancy one day in my fabric shop. I haven't stopped since. That was three years ago. I try to get more difficult with each one of them.

I have two grown sons, one grown step son. Five grand children from age 10 to 20. and one great grand that is 16 mo. old. I made them all afghans, then I made them all fleece blankets, now they'll each get a quilt if I live long enough.

I hope to get to know y'all and that we'll be able to share lots of ideas. I live very very near Topsail Beach and south Jacksonville here in NC. I have a son in Iraq and need to stay occupied!! What better than quilting for that?? Oh, I'm 58 and have a husband 67 that retired from the fire department in city and thought that gave him leave to do nothing but his idea of fun.....then I had a heart attack and he wised up to the fact that he's still required to do more than fish and hunt! lol lol :D