Old 02-13-2011, 06:01 PM
vbourck

<1. Headed into Lancaster County, PA for breakfast at our favorite morning meal restaurant.
2. Went to a local variety store where they happen to sell fabrics at very reasonable prices -- they serve the Amish and Mennonite communities with their goods.
3. Then it was off to a little one-man operated store where he sells the absolutely best smoked pork items I have ever had -- spent way too much there (yum.)
4. Off again, this time into Intercourse, PA, and two more fabric shops.
5. Then off to yet another grocery store to stock up on our favorite foods from that area (yes, I grew up in that area.)
6. Of course, another stop to yet another fabric store --- wait, actually two more shops.
7. Then a 1 1/2 hour drive back home.

P.S. I didn't forget about me. We went into two thrift shops and in one of them I found a pristine Singer Model 600 in its original carrying case ... and it looked like it was never used! That was the best $8 I have spent in a long time on a machine.[/quote]>

Would love to know the names of your favorite places- for breakfast, the variety store and other fabric stores. I will be up there in March for AQS show and am always looking for new places to go. Sounds like you and your wife both were treated special for Valentine's- it doesn't HAVE to be flowers and chocolate!