View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 06:27 PM
gal288

Originally Posted by jillaine
Wow, what a wonderful community I've found tonight. Thanks for all the tips and suggestions. I'm going to try the Sharon Schamber resizing on one of the diamonds and see if I can get anywhere near what it needs to be.

Gal288, I'd considered something akin to what you suggest, but I like your execution of it much better. I'm still not sure it will work if my diamonds aren't true-- won't they be just as "untrue" surrounded by edges?

I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully there will be a before and after shot. Now let me go see if I have any spray starch and something to pin this to.

-- Jillaine
p.s. and here I thought the double-wedding ring was tough... (see profile photo)
I don't think so, not if you average out the side leg of the triangles, cut the strips that measurement and then make the legs fit, that should bring them all to the same size. There will be some puckering, but I think when you quilt it can be managed.

Good luck, let us see how it goes. Atleast try it in the center and see if it goes together okay.