Old 01-05-2009, 10:56 PM
tlrnhi

I was about ready to post this story. On another board, we were discussing this.
So, not only clothing, but what about blankets, sheets, pillows, towels, upholstery, etc, etc? Does this mean that we need to get rid of all of this? How many items in our house could have been made in China/Indonesia and other places that we don't even know about? Does this mean that the government is going to reimburse us for what we have to throw away? I know it sound rediculous, but think about it.
I think "big brother" is just getting too out of hand and TELLING us what we have to do instead of letting us live our lives. But, we are the ones that elect them into office. But we still have to live with their decisions, so what do we do? We write them, call them, show up on their "front doors". I really don't think they thought this entire piece thru. They don't realize how many companies, small businesses are going to go under. Is the government going to bail them out? What about the smaller shops, surely you don't think they are going to be bailed out like the larger corporations. So, now we have tons of people out of work, losing their houses. Who is going to pay for the government to take care of them? WE ARE! They will raise our taxes so they can "help" these people.
Hubby and I had a HUGE discussion about this today on our way paying bills.
I could go on and on, but I'll step down from my soapbox