View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 06:25 AM
jillaine

My morning walking friend raised an issue I hadn't thought about last night. If I *do* try to resize with starch (and she had an extra can she gave me), what happens when the quilt is washed? This is meant to be a bedspread (ultimately). Am I doomed to a wall hanging?

By the way, this pattern is from Jan Krentz's Lone Star Quilts & Beyond. It's a variation of the quilt on the cover, as well as those on pp 44-45. Although why I chose to do 6x6 instead of 4x4 is beyond me. Probably because of the fabrics I had on hand. I make quilts "backwards" -- I go to the store, fall in love with the fabric, buy enough (hopefully), then pick a pattern.

(Almost Free: start with a 4x4, not a 6x6!)

To the person who suggested I align the "arms", I tried that; look at the original photo I posted and note the arrows I added. They point to the fact that the "arms" do not align at all.

Can anyone point me to a youtube or other video that describes the basics of starching quilt pieces? I.e., that includes things like what needs to be underneath the fabric; what is used to pin the fabric TO, etc. I've never learned those kinds of basics. (Clearly!!!) ;-)

Thanks again; you're a wonderful group of people.

-- Jillaine