Old 02-14-2011, 06:59 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh good Elle...glad your machine is behaving now! You'll at least be able to sew tomorrow when you can't go to sewing day...or maybe you'll be out of your appt. so quickly that you can still go.

Thanks Lesley and Kathy...I think I will do the baste around, then cut..then sew the binding on. I tend to do better matching the cut edge also. I've never done scallops before and hope dealing with the innie corners won't be too much trouble.
I didn't find machine round those corners as awkward as I thought they would be, but when it came to the hand stitching on the back, I had thought they would just fall into a nice pleat. The didn't 'fall' into it, but I was able to push and shove so they did have a nice pleat. Only trouble was they didn't stay that way, so in the end, I stitched them in place as I went along.

(A few spaced stitches from back to front over the edge, then returning to stitch in between the first ones until I got to where I had left off at the back.) It took forever, but those little pleats aren't going anywhere now.