Thread: I'm new too
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 07:57 AM
toltrider

Hi, All! I enjoy small quilting and machine embroidery projects. Currently I am making an appliqued baby quilt made primarily from minky. I really dislike working with minky, but I love the softness, so I continue to mutter bad words under my breath as I persevere! I discovered piecing in the hoop and made some lovely Christmas table runners this past season. KennyKreations has a wonderful selection that sew out beautifully. I've made some pretty wall hangings using the fusible interfacing material marked in 2 inch blocks. You might get the drift here that accuracy in blocks is a problem for me so I really enjoy the new tools that help assure me of accuracy. I have an Accuquilt Go, but found getting exact pieces is not as easy as the sales material indicates. Something I need to work on I guess. I've contact Accuquilt a couple of times about my problems and they are very responsive. I'm thinking that stretchy fabric, like Minky, is not suitable for the cutter no matter what direction the fabric is placed in the cutter. I am trying to down-size and de-clutter so will have books, unopened embroidery patterns, a few tools, and fabric (once I can get help to inventory it) for sale. I have 4 sewing machines at the moment, and may sell them all so I can get a Babylock Ellisimo.