Old 02-14-2011, 09:50 AM
vintagemotif

[quote=sewbizgirl][quote=vintagemotif][quote=sewbizgirl]
Originally Posted by Lostn51
It WAS fun! I pieced an entire baby quilt top on it tonight-- the first thing I've made on it. Still getting the hang of treadling. I figured out it was easier to get the wheel started on the upstroke of the needle, rather than the downstroke, if that makes any sense... I think my pitman still needs some fine tuning. It's not easy to start treadling. But still, I had an absolute blast piecing that top on it!

I have a Lotus 66-1, Thistle Marie, that started me on my journey of using a treadle. I purchased two vintage machines on the same day, Singer 15-91 and Singer 66-1 in treadle. After a day of playing with the 15-91, I got brave with the treadle. Treadling takes some getting use to, but there is something peaceful about these vintage machines and they are very forgiving with us (like a sweet Grandma). Well, I fell in love with the treadles. This is a baby quilt that I pieced with my Lotus 66, Thistle Marie, and quilted with the Singer 15-91. It is a Moda pattern. Now all my piecing and quilting is done on treadles. Have fun treadling!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-158131.jpe   attachment-158133.jpe