Old 02-14-2011, 01:03 PM
kwendt

Originally Posted by tomilu
Anyonre looking for a Singer 31-15 to do free motion quilting on, this is used by several of the folks on Treadleon. It is an industrial model.
http://wichita.craigslist.org/for/2213679380.html
Tomilu... this is a new one to me. There is one here in my area up for sale... I bypassed it. Hum.... do you know any pros/cons of it versus say... a 301 or a 15-91 or a 201 as far as piecing and FMQ goes? Should I go back and look at it? Thanks!

Oh... and Billy.... I'm sooo thankful you are alive and still kicking. Back 20 years ago, I plugged in a 66, hit the gas and blew the house main, fried my fingers. The only thing that saved me is that I was wearing sneakers at the time and standing. Like to scare me half to DEATH. Fused the outlet, melted the cover plate... fused the cord and melted the plug. I had it 'fixed' supposedly. A few weeks ago, I got the 'death machine' out again...and saw that the sewing machine person didn't rewire anything... he just stuck a new cord/plug on it and charged me $60.... that's robbery. Not happy with it at all. I'll be treadling that sucker once I find a treadle cabinet I like... that's cheap.

Glad you're still with us. And glad that your 15 tons of flammable, combustable, paint/lacquers/clear coats and stuff didn't go up! lol