View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 04:03 PM
raptureready

With the recent warmer temperatures our snow has begun to melt but it's so deep that the melting snow is rehardened by the snow underneath it so it's a very slippery sheet of ice.
DD and I got home from church yesterday and, of course, with being Pentecostal we were in dresses. I'm also in an ortho boot---very unhandy on ice. Yes, you guessed it, I fell. Luckily I felt my feet start to slip and was able to just go limp so I didn't get hurt other than my dignity.
My feet flew into the air and I landed on my back on a small hill of ice packed snow. Now I'm no little woman and with my back being on this hill and a big old heavy boot on one foot I couldn't get up. I was flailing around like a turtle on it's shell. Finally DD came to help me sit up enough that I could turn over and get my feet back under me. On the way to the house I said, "Well, at least my dress stayed down, no one saw Miss Woohoo." DD's mouth dropped open as she turned and gave me this astonished stare. Then she very calmly said, "I did! Mom, when your feet went up so did your dress. Then your feet went down but your dress just sort of floated down."
So much for modesty in this neighborhood.

The good thing is that I'm just a little stiff and sore but nothing serious. I thought you might all enjoy a laugh.