Old 01-05-2007, 01:50 PM
judyjo

Hi Ruthie.....I, too, have been sewing since I was very young. My mother taught me. There were a couple of instances when my mother was hospitalized for several years with TB that my father even helped me. Because most of my sewing over the years has been clothes for either myself, my boys, or my grandchildren my method of storage has been slightly different. I also have a very small area. One of our two BR (10X12)has a queen size bed for when the grandchildren visit. That takes 3/4 of one wall and extends about 3/4 across the room. I have a computer corner on the same wall as the bed. Opposite that is the 12 foot wall with a window. My sewing machine is in front of the window. To the right of that is a space about 1 1/2 ft wide which contains some plastic storage units for my small sewing items. To the left of the sewing maching is a table and to the left of that is a small dresser which is full of fabric. On the wall my husband put two shelves which hold plastic boxes full of assorted fabrics, xstitch supplies and other misc sewing stuff. The closet also has boxes of fabric and misc sewing stuff in amongst the clothes. There are only two closets in the house. My big resolution this year is to find a way to better organize my STUFF! The problem is finding a place for the stuff I don't use very often but don't want to throw away. Forgot to mention that under the bed storage units are all taken up with fabric or yarn or crochet cotton plus music I don't use but don't want to throw away. And I get mad at my husband for being a pack rat!! :lol:

So you see, Ruthie, I guess we're not too different.

Judyjo