View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 05:27 AM
Nita

Cathy ~ I am the coordinator of The Prayer Shawl Ministry at our church. It is truly a very meaningful ministry! When I started the group, I got most of my information from the world wide website: www.shawlministry.com/ Yes, most of the shawls are knit or crochet, but a quilted shawl would be wonderful as well. The shawls made by the women in my group are as unique and beautiful as the person who creates them. Some are rectangular, some are triangular, some are a small wrap and others are the size of a lap robe. There are really no "rules", per se, other than it should be created prayerfully, comfortable to the touch, and easy care machine wash & dry. As I say to my ministers, this is no time to invest in scratchy wool that needs to be hand washed and blocked! A simple lap sized quilt done in soft flannels would be perfect. Please do not hesitate to PM me if you would like any more information. I think you will find the website helpful and inspiring. Again, this is a beautiful ministry and I'm excited to see it grow. Bless you, bless you, bless you ~ Nita