Old 02-14-2011, 09:45 PM
luv2learn

Hi friends,

I finally caught up my reading on this section up to the current day's posts. . . then I started back at the beginning and am finding that a lot of information I didn't understand the first time is a little more clear now, so this really can be a continual learning experience, like watching a movie more that once, I always pick up something I missed before. Still enjoying the sewing machine parade too!

I have a question that I know has been discussed and answered, but I have been searching for it for several hours this evening and have had no luck.

Could someone refresh me on the answer please. . . .Concerning doing a motorectomy on some of the machines in order to treadle them. . . Am I right in remebering that a class 15 potted motor with a solid handwheel cannot be treadled? or was there a special part that could be added somewhere at the handwheel area that would allow it to be treadled? Maybe it was only changing to a spoked wheel? . . . it just seems to me that particular one can't be treadled. . . I just can't remember for sure what the answer is.

I would appreciate someone helping me get that straight then I will bookmark the info. Thanx for anyone who can help guide me in the right direction. . . I will award you "1000" points. . . . ha. . they aren't anygood for anything but it can be 1000 thank you's. Thanx, Brenda