Old 02-15-2011, 01:33 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sandi Furtado
Okay y'all, I brought some fabric to try my at at this but I am confused. What size do I need to cut the fabric to start? I saw 12'' by 2.5 yds and I saw 3.5 yds and I saw 9''. So someone please help me out. I also saw someone cutting it in the corner. That confuses me. If I can start with a pattern from somewhere it would be helpful for me. Thanks a bunch, Sandi
Hi Sandi, we're working from the technique described in the books by Maxine Rosenthal. The first book One Block Wonders tells how to select, layer and cut your fabrics and how to cut and assemble either the hexagons or octagon blocks. The second two books One Block Wonders Encore and One Block Wonders Cubed concentrate on the hexagons and introduce the 3D cubes. They also give more ideas for borders, settings, using more than one fabric etc. In my opinion, you need at least one of these books not only for the cutting and piecing instructions but also for all the tips on getting the design layout right - this is where I think most ppl come unstuck. :-D If you can't find them locally they're available on Amazon.com. :-D