View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 04:40 AM
LDB

One more thought on this subject... I agree this person appears to be taking advantage of this situation, however, it may simply be an issue of lack of education. Since she is a newbie (I can relate), perhaps she isn't aware of the fact that her top isn't truly 'finished'. In terms of the 'rush' issue, she may not be aware of the work involved in quilting the item, but she should have purchased the batting and backing so you wouldn't have to take the time. I would encourage you to be gentle with her but return the top for finishing. Instruct her on what needs to be done (including purchasing the batting and backing) before you can quilt the top. Then let her know what your timeline is for finishing the item and what your expectations are for sharing the profits. If you agreed to quilt the item for her for free before you found out she sold the item I would encourage you to honor your word. She will learn far more from you teaching her what needs to be done and setting out your expectations ahead of time than if you simply throw your hands up at the situation and any relationship even if casual you may have. You can be the bigger person and still not be taken advantage of in this way. Just a thought...