Old 02-15-2011, 05:23 AM
quilter711

Originally Posted by irishrose
Originally Posted by quilter711
I am looking to purchase a beige Singer 301. I have noticed that a few of these machines have discloration on the outside casing. Does anyone know if this can be removed by Billy's cleaning process? Someone told me that it was from thee machine being put in sunlight!
Thanks,
Nancy
Quilter711
My tan 301A came with a nasty yellow coating. I assumed AnnieRose had been hanging out with a smoker. A bath in Oxyclean and an old toothbrush and she looks good ( the pink shirt I had on doesn't - I can't get the stain out from the spatter.) No streaks or anything on the machine. She needs a coat of wax, but there's something else I want to do first.

Billy, the cord on my 1952 128 looks good. I haven't checked the internal wiring. I sewed on it at the seller's home, but not here. What should I do before I use it ? Anything? I am scared to death of electricity. Glad you're okay from your encounter.
Irishrose, thank you so much for this info. I think I will try to bid on ebay for one and see if I can clean it up with your tip.