View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 05:51 AM
Qbee

That sounds really cute. At this point, I don't even know that I will have that silly flower though. Long story short, I had the cat, etc. cut out and just needed to applique it on, which I wanted to do on machine with a zig zag stitch that would look like a satin stitch. Well.....for whatever reason it like pulled the fabric. It's hard to explain but the fabric like bunched or pulled tight from the zig zag. Anyway, I called a lady who teaches one of my quilting classes and she is meeting me at my LQS today to try to get the silly row finished. Who would have thought that it would be this hard to get 5 blocks done! I will let you know the status this evening. If I don't get to the Post Office in time today, I will let you know. Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by TFquilter
Originally Posted by Qbee
No problem. I have a question though....do you have a bumble bee on your embroidery machine? I have been trying to put a cute little bumble bee above a flower on my middle block and wanted to have "Qbee" above it your know....but I can't hand embroidery a silly bee....messed up 3 squares trying :( Then, I tried to applique a little bee but that didn't work either so now I am having to redo the center block. I am going to blow off the bee idea but then wondered if you or anyone in our group I guess has a way of adding a little bee and my code name "Qbee" to the center block on my first row (which will be the center row). Thanks so much!!! I know I sound all frustrated now but I really am excited about this project :D :D
Oh....and I promise NOT to try embroidery on any of ya'lls rows...LOL ;)

Originally Posted by TFquilter
Please let me know when you put it in the mail okay and I will be looking for it...:)
Gail, I don't have an embroidery machine..here's an idea though..I have seen little bumble bees in like JoAnn's that you can iron on and then handstitch around it in small stitches to make sure it stays...would you consider something like that? If you did consider that, I would show you a preview first of the bumble bee...however, there might be someone who has an embroidery machine and is able to do that...sorry you had to redo your block so many times and that would be frustrating for anybody...and I could applique one too...think about it...Elaine