Old 02-15-2011, 06:39 AM
jtapp9

Originally Posted by k3n
Julie I love it, I think it flows really well. Now anxious to see what you come up with for the borders. :-D :-D :-D
Glad you like it. i've heard rumors that you are the Queen of OBW so your opinion means a lot to me :wink:

My border will probably just be strips. I love red and that is why I chose this fabric to begin with. To me, when I turned the top "I" lost the red POP that I was feeling before...sooooo...I think I will put a skinny cream border, then a little bit wider red (to match) border, then finish to size with black. I have the coordinating black fabric with little gold 'twigs' on it that I'm going to use for binding and I have a black that has a very faint circle design in it that I feel would work awesome for the back. Although I've been thinking of switching the back to a khaki/tan color that would match the front.

I'm probably going to let it rest for a few days. I've worked a bunch on it lately and I need a rest from it :lol:

I'm ready to start cutting the floral fabric! Did you cut your strips WOF? I notice it has a staggered repeat on the WOF and didnt know if that would make a difference.

I think I'm going to give it another shot of starch tonight then cut some strips. I'm going to try one strip in the accuquilt cutter. I keep forgetting I am doing EIGHT layers and that may not come out good in the cutter. Might be too thick. We'll see.