Old 02-15-2011, 09:22 AM
JUNEC

I know they are having cut backs because increase to First Class Mail was rejected by Congress. But can't they all work by the same rules. Apparently they are cutting back on overtime. So the PO I go to, has a substitute Mail Person filling in at least 1 or 2 times a week. They never seem to play by the same rules

I went to mail a couple of books to Australia. They paid thru Paypal, and for once I didn't have that much trouble printing out a shipping/customs label thru Paypal/Pitney Bowes.

I mailed something to Istanbul Turkey last week, which after 2 separate attempts ($13.00 in postage each- to be refunded) and a call to Paypal - wouldn't let me print up the label. So I had to manually fill out a customs form and a shipping label at the PO.

Anyway,although I can't find anywhere where it says it - I was told that Flat Rate Envelopes, couldn't be taped closed, more than 3/4" wide or reinforced in any way - 2 wks ago. I also haven't seen any Flat Rate Ads on tv - which could be because Christmas is over - but to get back to my tale of woo

So I printed out my address & customs label - and went to the post office to mail it. I got the sub mailman today. Who told me that the one sheet customs form/label that I have used hundreds of times to mail internationally - now needed to be 4 copies and had to put in an envelope - Although the bottom says in clear ENGLISH -- cut and tape to package.

I am getting too old for this - I don't mind playing by the rules, put gosh darn it, don't keep changing them mid game - I am beginning to hate the PO - I swear - I am not going to be served by another sub PO - ever again.