Old 02-15-2011, 10:36 AM
jtapp9

Originally Posted by quiltykitty
Originally Posted by jtapp9
The hex top is done! I have to admit though, once I turned it the direction it is supposed to be, I'm not really feeling it anymore :(

I've always pictured the upper left light wandering down to the lower right red. i'm left handed and I guess the left to right just "flows" better for me. I have to get used to this new look :?

Anyway, I'm still proud and happy that I finished it finally!! :thumbup:
That is quite pretty. You used the same fabric as I used. Next one I make will not have anything as geometrical as the bamboo. This is the link to mine http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-99523-1.htm
I wasn't really happy with those hexagons that had mainly bamboo. So, I didn't use all the ones I had and used them near the bottom. Isn't it great to be finished?
Oh My Freaking Gosh!!!! YOURS IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! I don't know how to do the cubes..i have the first book.

But see, yours has that upper left light color going down to the the red and darker colors to the bottom right. That's how mine was supposed to be but I got my rows mixed up and made it to "wide' to lay that way and had to turn it. Gosh I just really love that...your red POPS so nicely!

'nuff said....I'm jealous :mrgreen:

I bought that fabric at least 4 yrs ago, maybe 5! And the black and gold is what i'm using for my binding. Would have loved to do the back in it but its to expensive.

Agian, beautiful quilt!