View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 12:18 AM
Qbee

Nancy.....I guess if I told you that I didn't know what "stabilizer" was until I met with Judy at the LQS today that would answer your question...LOL! Yeah....actually both. I did not use any kind of stabilizer or "fusable bonding" like she taught me today and I also didn't know to adjust the "foot tension".

Bottom line....I have only been sewing/quilting since July and tried to over do it. Judy had a really good point today in that I was trying to do too much. She was really sweet and put my mind at ease about the whole Row Robin experience. Some people are really good at applique or embroidery and that is what they do in the row they do.....I'm able to do piecing and am getting pretty good at paper piecing (according to her) so that's what I need to stick to. Although she did teach me a fun technique for appliqe using fusable bonding and then doing a blanket stitch :D Also, I was trying to get stuff on my first row that someone else might can do if they know how.

So, long story short, I am going to take her advise and "stop sweating it and enjoy the fun process". :D So TFquilter, since I'm late I'll be sending it to you via UPS so you will get it quicker. I'm really sorry for the delay; it won't happen in the future. I will let you know as soon as I drop it off and get you the tracking number, etc. We have to get the binding cut, etc.

Also, FQ Stash Queen, be sure and let me know when you send yours out so I can be looking for it. Don't forget to wrap it in plastic or something just in case the post office chews it up! They have really torn up some of the Boomerang envelopes.
Thanks ya'll! :D

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Now I'm curious. Did it bunch up because of tension adjustment or stabilizer? I always have machine issues when it comes to doing anything "fancy" -- it always waits until I'm in the center of the piece or the focal point when it decides to skip, pucker, speed up, stretch out, or whatever. But the borders and edges are always perfectly done.