View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 09:15 AM
CorgiNole

The "sameness" doesn't bother me as chances are that I'll never see another of the quilts, unless a family member were to suddenly take up quilting.

I'm currently starting the Sweet Sorbet BOM, and have decided to do this one by hand (something to do at hockey practice), which does mean that I have to sit down and re-figure the cutting instructions as strip piecing wont' work.

I chose this one because as a new quilter, I looked at the blocks involved and said "yes, I can make these." I've looked at some beautiful kits and BOM that are way beyond my abilities that would definitely end up as UFOs. I also like the color palette - some kits I've considered feature colors I'd never use.

I do enjoy the selection of fabrics for most of my ongoing projects, and in though the patterns themselves are a little out of my comfort zone. As it is not a mystery, I know what the end result will be.

Even though it is a kit/BOM, my quilt will be unlike anyone else's once I sandwich and actually quilt it - as I don't think they provide the quilting pattern, and even if they do, nothing says that one has to quilt exactly in that manner.

Cheers, K