Old 02-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Janet Espeleta

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
I just attended a meeting today, and they had the county people there. 24 is schedule for major construction, from what the guy said it is a fairly winding road and a lot of blind corners, thus the construction coming up. I wouldn't take myself. I can tell you that denver is not that bad, hit it mid morning, 9am -10:30 and you will go straight through, or hit it mid afternoon, 1:45-3:40 I drive through there at least once a month and schedule myself to hit it through those times and it works everytime. Or take I believe it is 150 out of Pueblo, takes you up to grand junction, that is a pretty drive, however again two lane and tight. Good luck in your ventures!!

Thanks for the info on Hwy. 24. We are taking Int. 35 out of Kansas City to Int. 40 on the way to Vegas, but decided to see a different part of the country on the way back which is why we thought we would take Int. 25 out of Albuquerque toward Denver & thought that might shave some miles off the trip. However since the part that runs between Int. 25 & Int. 70 is unpredictable as far as the weather or road construction goes, we will just stay on Int. 25 all the way to Denver. If we took 50 out of Pueblo to Gr. Junction we would be heading back to Vegas instead of toward Missouri though. Now my dh probably wouldn't mind that as we lived in Vegas for 15 yrs & he misses it terribly. However, I'm only going back for a visit as I have 2 sons & 4 grandkids who still live there, but you probably couldn't pay me enough to actually move back there! LOL