View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 10:27 PM
vschieve

Originally Posted by gypsyatheart43
My folks couldn't believe someone was throwing it out either. I have a desire to get her ready to run again but we're moving into our new addition (and sewing room) this week so my schedule is pretty full. Glad you're enjoying the pictures.

One funny thing is that three of the drawers have locked up so I can't check their contents. I think there are bobbins and more attachments in one of them. They should not be hard to open with the right key.
Oh since you mentioned the drawers; we had a discussion about the old days with the man that worked on my mother's treadle and my brother asked him "now why would anyone need a key to lock up sewing machine drawers" and I was quite surprised at the answer! He said that in those days it was a perfect hiding place for your money; that no one would think to look there that intruded into your house. Now don't break those drawers trying to get in there - be gentle! If anything I thought it would have been to keep everyone in the house from using the scissors!

Vernell in Austin