View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 09:06 AM
peel

hi, first time i'm message board so hope i do it right and Aggi gets this. Saw your free motion and I think it's great, and for first try, amazing. I do some free motion - meander, and around images on a panel, I also took lessons on a long arm and a quilt shop in my area rents time on their long arm (had to have taken lessons first). I did that an quilted a queeen size quilt for my sister, I was thrilled with it. Because I'm new to whole technique when I used long arm I then quilted border on my home machine. I'm getting ready to free motion designs on blank block of a queen size Irish Chain. Because I'm a little concerned about the size and getting it through the 7 1/2 throat of my Viking I'm quilting in sections (a Marti Michell technique) will quilt entire center and then add borders and quilt them. I was really interested that for your first free motion experience you used pattern that you applied to the quilt and then quilted it. That's what I'm going to do. Not sure how I'll get pattern onto quilt yet, but I'm working on it.
thanks for listening, and if you have any suggestions i'm all ears.

thanks peel