View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 08:17 AM
carhop

Originally Posted by DonnaB
copied from AOL news page!

It's common knowledge that fabric-softener dryer sheets can be used to eliminate static cling and soften clothes, but that's just the beginning of their usefulness. Dryer sheets have been my mom's go-to tool for cleaning all around the house. Just check out some of her favorite ways to clean with them:

Wash Dishes: To loosen baked-on food from dishes, simply place a dryer sheet onto the dish, fill with cold water, and let it soak over night. The fabric softener in the dryer sheet will break down the food particles, making the dish much easier to clean in the morning.

Mosquito Repellent: Just stick a dryer sheet in each pocket or tie it to a belt loop. My family grew up camping, and using dryer sheets is a lot more cost effective than any bug spray or citronella candle. Plus, they have a pleasant scent.

Deoderizer: Banish stinky odors by tucking dryer sheets into sneakers, slippers, luggage, camping gear, sports equipment, basements, attics, and garages.

Soap Scum Buster: Clean glass shower doors by scrubbing them with damp dryer sheets.

Duster: Wipe static from your television and computer screen, as well as dust blinds.

Needless to say, I now keep a box of dryer sheets in my laundry, and one under my sink.
i have one more they will take dust off lamp shades real good