Old 02-17-2011, 09:03 AM
kwendt

Originally Posted by luv2learn
Good morning everyone. Here's some warm banana bread for breakfast. Enjoy and have a good day.

So, how many of you folks have completed Billy's cleaning tutorial and successfully got them back together with no missing parts and no extra parts? I'm close to finishing, but my number and sizes of screws left over don't seem to be right. . . I guess that could mean the wrong ones were put in elswhere! I hope not, but we'll see. I'd love to see your comparison photos of before and after and I'll post mine in the next couple of days when completed.

Hi all!

1. Love the banana bread! Goes wonderful with my coffee!

2. Billy, the Eldridge irons look fab. Exactly what I expect from you! (Restoring it to STOCK conditions).

3. Tomilu, I have the same buttonholer you do. I noticed also that the instruction book SAID it worked with 201 and 301 (and others). But really mine is the slant shank, 301 version.

4. Still in mid process of refinishing and repairing. It's been humid as all get out here. Typical for florida, I know. Using Glenn's tutorial and making some modifications for climate conditions as I go.

5. Re: number of screws and things. I've got the following all dissassembled in my sew room right now: 1 cabinet, 1 stool, a 15-91 and a 301. I've got all these parts in zip lock bags, labeled as to what machine/what cabinet and where. Screws go into bags with their corresponding hardware then labeled, other screws and parts in little bags, labeled. I know me. I get going for a while, then move to handle other things... have to come back to the original project weeks later. Therefore I need to mark/organize everything completely in order to put it all back together.