Old 02-17-2011, 09:17 AM
Halfsquare

Originally Posted by ckcowl
wool applique is one of my favorite pass-times... i love working with wool and am always on the lookout for a new garment to cut up and re-dye :thumbup: my hubby has even become quite involved with my love of wool, when we visit any yard sales or thrift stores he is the first one to start checking tags and grabbing up all the wools :D and when we get them home he enjoys helping me dis-assemble in preparation of laundering.
i have penny rugs all over the place and have been working on a wool crazy quilt (with embroidered and embellished blocks) i have a couple dozen blocks made but no-where near enough.
ahhhh the joy of WOOL! i just love it!
my black ('BACKYARD GATHERING') wool appliqued quilt even appraised at $3700!!!
and it was such a pleasure to work on!...poor thing-now it lives in a pillowcase on a closet shelf :roll: (it is black...we own a white cat) one of these days i should get it out and sell it.
Ckwool - You have to get your quilt out and take pics and post them for us. If nothing else you can share your work with the world instead of the inside of your closet. I woudl really love to see your quilt! pretty please???