View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 10:44 AM
Corry

Originally Posted by kwendt
I love em.... but not on my fabrics!

So what I do instead, is have 'kitty' quilts that I take downstairs, and use as covers over the furniture and chairs. They know which ones are the special layers of quilts/throws just for them to burrow and snuggle, curl up and snooze.
I don't mind my kitty being in my sewing room when I am in there but I don't want her laying up near my machines or on my fabrics when I am not in there. Like you, I have several "Blankies" in the livingroom for her to cuddle in. As I speak she is cuddled up on the couch sleeping. Anyway, My hubby built me a screen door for my sewing room. It keeps kitty out when I am not sewing but lets the a/c in. The a/c does not circulate well into that room with the solid door closed so we replaced it with my new screen door. Hubby even painted it pink to match everything in my sewing room, he even spray painted the screen pink too. My kitty sits and looks in there at times and meows at me. I know she is asking to go in there but....Oh well. Like you said I don't want her laying up on my fabrics...... :)