View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 04:13 PM
jstitch
Banned

Originally Posted by butterflywing
okay. here's a lazy girl's question.

i have a collection of blades, all sewn together ( by the way, thanks for saying they won't line up on both sides. i discovered that and already fixed that, but i thought i cut wrong). they have lived here so long they pay rent.

i have the fabric for the quarter circles, maybe already cut (who remembers?).

i have the fabric for the outside corners. NOW...... there must be a way to sew the top edge of the fan to a piece of fabric that's already cut for that purpose. it would look like a corner of a square with a scoop taken out large enough for the top edge of the fan to fit into. all this because i'm too lazy to applique. ALL THIS BECAUSE I'M TOO LAZY TO APPLIQUE!!!
Yes, you can piece this together. It will be the same process as pieceing the quarter circle edge to the bottom of the fan..

the only difference, I believe, is that you probably wont need to clip..

so, pin the center of the corner unit to the center of the fan, right sides together.
Pin each edge, and ease between the edge and center pins.. since this is a longer seam you will need a couple more pins,, maybe three in each section.. so 9 pins in all. then sew the 1/4 inch seam as you did on the quarter circle seam only with the fan on the bottom and the corner unit on top..easing the fullness as you work around.. This is actually an easier seam than the quarter circle as it is a gentler curve.