View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 11:28 AM
misseva

Originally Posted by pdcakm
so, what difference does it really make how many others have a quilt with the same fabrics as yours? will the quilts ever be together? will your family and friends go to their home and see the same quilt? ultimately the quilt is yours, yours, yours. you cut, sew, piece, quilt, etc. it is yours.

so, i can say that i have done these bom and never worried about it. my work, my quilt and i love them.
my thoughts exactly!! Besides, I hate picking out fabric. I've done one BOM from Joanns and it's on my bed now and it cost only $2.99 per pkg. (I think) I know it wasn't expensive. I'm in the process of a West of Baltimore BOM from Keepsake Quilting and it has a bazillion parts to it - but it's soooo beautiful. The cost was $24.95 per month plus the 4 corner blocks plus the background and backing material. Lots of $$$$ BUT I love it, I want it, I need it. AND it all came to me - I didn't have to go fabric shopping. Nearest fabric is WalMart - 30 miles or a Joanns - 50 miles --- one way.

BTW I never was shorted on material. In fact the Keepsake Quilting one has a LOT of extra fabric that I've used in other quilts.