Thread: What's next?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

wow...if we added all the projects on everyone's list together, i bet they would reach the moon!
I'm proud of two things i have accomplished already:
1 - for the very first time in my history, I got christmas put away before new years day. One year it took me till march. (I have chronic health problems...that is my, ugh, true story and Im sticking to it, lol)
2 - while I was cleaning up christmas, I reorganized my sewing room and put all my ufo's on shelves that are very accessible.
I will not list my ufo's bc there is no way in the world I could do them all this year, so I have made a deal with myself.
For the first two weeks of each month, I work on ufo's, if i am on a roll and want to keep going on whichever ufo, i will stay with it. If after two weeks of ufo's, I am sick of them, then I get to work on some of my fun stuff....(see, it's like this: all my ufo's start as fun stuff and if it takes too long, they become work...I absolutely applaud any one who can stay with one project at a time until it is finished before starting anything new...in fact, there should be a hall of fame for ppl that can do that!).
So, I make time for work, get to look forward to play, no promises of how much I finish for the year, just keep plugging on...and at the end of the year it would be nice if i have finished at least twelve things.
Sounds like a lot but remember, these are all things that are at least half done now. A few even more.
To Blahel and borntoquilt and anybody else that lost a dear one this past year, hugs to you. We lost hubby's mom and one of his brother's last year. If we had the time, energy, money etc. we would all make and give all kinds of things for those we love and they knew it/know it. You have that in your heart always.
Fabricluvr...thank you for the info about the cricut and the appliques. That is way awesome! wonder how much they cost?
Renee, your baby quilt is so pretty. Each one I saw was great. I never see anyone's pics and think I don't like that. I love them all.
Nor'easter, think you started this great post, ty, and mpeters...I think keeping this going and reporting progress we are making is a fantastic motivator for 09. I'm in. I could keep going, so many great posts, but don't want to be a hog, lol. well, gang, we got our motors running, let's not spin our tires, lol. C