Old 01-10-2009, 06:57 PM
ksusan

I'm in Iron Mountain on the Wisconsin-Michigan border --- about 240 miles from the Sault. I lived at Kincheloe for a few months in 1979 when it was an abandoned Air Force Base --- that about 23 miles from the Sault.

I've had fun at Joann's at the Sault. Our closest Joann store is in Escanaba on the shores of Lake Michigan. The Joann store at Marquette on the shores of Lake Superior closed a few years ago.

Do you ever attend Engineer's Day at the Locks? It is the last Friday of June each year. We went two years ago and had lots of fun. DH is a boatnerd and has been watching the "traffic" on the Great Lakes.

I sure hope we can have the money to build a new lock. Two locks are out of service and the so called new lock is forty years old. Our economy will really take a hit if shipping is restricted due to one of the two remaining locks being out of commission.

Well, I've rambled long enough. I have to put some laundry away and get back to my quilting book. I am re-reading my collection of books as a new year's resolution :roll:

Piecefully yours,
Kay Susan