Thread: What's next?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Alice

Hi, all you who listed projects to be finished - MPeters, ak Angel, butterfly wings (and then I lost track of who else) - now I don't feel so bad about my unfinished projects, but I'm just so wanting to finish this one in January, and it's only half done. I decided to make it in two strips of 10 blocks each strip, quilt each strip and then sew them together. Each block is 16" square of two side by side widths. I machine quilt, and it makes no difference which side I attack on, the ends have to be scrunched and turned to go thru the machine needle and body. Does that make sense? That is the first project that has to be done before I start on the other unfinished ones.
No. 2 is a baby quilt size of lavendar, pink, blue, purple blocks that only needs a few more pieces stitched and the binding put on.
No 3 is a Christmas scene of house at night with stars in the sky, from last year, and needs some quilting and then binding, etc.
No. 4 is cut out and needs all the pieces sewed together.
No. 5 is a summer quilt from two summers back tht needs an applique sewed on the center panel, then the panel to be put back into the top, and then the sandwiching, etc. I may just tie that one.
No. 6 are some Log Cabin blocks that need to be done to make either a table topper or runner.
When those are done, I can get into some stashes I have to go with certain patterns, smaller projects they are so I can get done. I have just kept buying material when I would see some that I just could not do without, and then match a pattern to them when I get home and check out my purchases.
What I can't figure out is where do the daytime hours go, and why do they go so fast? There is never ime enough to do what I want to when I get done what needs to be done. Now where is the justice there???
It's fun to read all of your comments.