View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 05:44 PM
SharonAnne

Hello,

I met a lovely, caring, and giving woman on this board, and we have been personally emailing back and forth since around September, 2010. We live in different states, and have never met in person, but I feel as if she is as dear a friend as anyone I have known for years. Recently I told her I had played the accordion for 55 years and it still soothes my soul. My dad, who passed away in 1994 from cancer, absolutely loved to listen to me play - particularly Amazing Grace. He would have been 85 on Feb. 8th. On that day, I received a letter in the mail from my dear friend (who did not know my dad's birthday, by the way), and inside was a pattern designed by Marureen Erhardt called Accordion Impression. It brought tears to my eyes, and to think it arrived on my dad's birthday was even more special, since that day is always particularly sad for me. It inspired me to get out my real accordion and play his favorites, and I did so for 2 hours straight. A special gift from a special lady. I cannot figure out a name -perhaps Amazing Grace, unless anyone can come up with something truly unique. Here's a photo of the quilt I made up yesterday using stash and a couple of new red fabrics (the accordion and clef are not secured yet - trying out different positions first). Also a photo of my real accordion given to me by my grandparents for my 8th Christmas, and I will never part with it. Thanks for reading my story.

The So Far Nameless Wall Hanging
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155028[/ATTACH]

My beloved 52 year old accordion
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155029[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-155023.jpe   attachment-155024.jpe