View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by gaigai
OK, I decided to make a baby quilt for one of my best friend's grandbaby. Born in August. Got the top done (love it) and made the sandwich, but I just cannot get the quilting. I have ripped it out more than six times. I HATE QUILTING!!!!! I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT! I swear I would rather re-marry my ex than every quilt anything again! (And that is SO not going to happen) So, I am not going to finish it. I may take it up to my LQS and see if I can pay someone there to do it. It's just a baby quilt, so it's way too small to send to my LAQ'r. Otherwise, I'm gonna sew a big X from corner to corner and use it for a dog bed, or a bath mat or a cleaning rag. Note to self: NO MORE SMALL QUILTS!!
What kind of quilting are you trying to do on it? Just start in the center and work out doing something very simple. straight lines, vertical and horizontal, or you can do small x'es. Is there anyway you can just stitch in the ditch? You are trying to make it too hard on yourself, just relax and do something very simple. Think postive and you can do it, we all know that you can, we're all rooting for you to finish it you go friend and post pics. Better yet post a pic. and let us see it , we may be able to give you a hint on how to quilt it. Don't give up on it!!!