Old 02-17-2011, 08:22 PM
wildyard

Ahhhh it's great to be home for a few days rest and catch up! So at last posting, I was choosing my borders and binding. I finally went with the darker blue border as I felt the quilt needed that calmer resting place to stop the eye. I just couldn't get the scrappy to be anything less than too busy to my eye.
I auditioned the red for the binding, and again, I felt the need for something calmer. I decided to use the same blue as the last border, then when I went to cut it, discovered I didn't have enough fabric. Back to square one on the binding. LOL.

I did outline quilting rather sparcely, due to the fleece backing. I'm very pleased with how that came out. I used red, dark and light blue fleece for the backing.
While trying to decide what to do, I finished the label and attached it. Because my hand sewing is just too big and irregular, I couldn't use the wording I was planning, so had to adapt it to fit. I'm still very happy with the final result.

ah, calming blue border
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164411[/ATTACH]

I'm happy with the blue for the last border
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164412[/ATTACH]

some of the quilting from the back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164413[/ATTACH]

more of the quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164521[/ATTACH]

the label, final version on quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164588[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-164406.jpe   attachment-164407.jpe   attachment-164408.jpe   attachment-164516.jpe   attachment-164583.jpe