Old 01-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Zoo

Hi Jstich,
Thanks for your input but just to clarify, I never said it was a bad experience, I said it was a disapointing shopping trip. Nor was I expecting big discounts or close-out pricing, and I did appreciate the sale as a bonus for somthing I was planning on buying anyways.
My mistake was for assuming that since 2 other quilt stores in Ont carry the same fabric for about $12.00/m that this store would be about the same, I never asked about pricing. My mistake as I know different stores based on location etc have diffrent overhead. But even with that I don't believe offering $2 off this particular fabric ment the store was losing money on a purchase.

What I was disapointed in was that the "sale" didn't actually offer much for sale, I'm talking maybe a dozen bolts for a few dollars off. And the obviouse intent was to have people sign up for classes and immediatly buy thier fabric. There's nothing wrong with a sales push for this, but an "Open House & Sale" was a very clumsy way of going about it.
Zoo