Old 02-18-2011, 06:07 AM
BoJangles

Miz Johnny I know you said you had come across a few New Home T No 3 machines. Did you ever try and sew with any of them? I printed out a New Home manual, I think you sent me the link, but it is not the T No 3, similar but not the same. Anyway, I can not get the machine to pick up the shuttle thread. I have tried a different needle, got some Boye #4, which is what I think it should use. Also, tried a Schmetz, still can't get it to pick up the shuttle thread. I tried turning the needle and threading from different angles, but no luck. Does any one have a T No 3 machine? I really need to see the threading diagram, but I think even if I'd threaded it wrong it should pick up the shuttle thread?

The T No 3 has a long wire that loops and runs all the way down the face into a little tiny tension spring. It also has a funny looped thread guide right next to the tension spring. I am not sure how to thread this machine, I have never seen one like it. Anyone know? I will take a picture later of the face and post the picture. Billy do you have one?

Nancy