Old 02-18-2011, 06:27 AM
clsurz

Originally Posted by clsurz
Originally Posted by roxannebcb
Originally Posted by clsurz
Felting is big business.
Have you done it or are you involved in it? Would love to hear.
I started getting interested in it a couple months ago when I was researching something about quilting and came upon machine felting. So I went out and bought me a felting machine and just now starting to play with it. I joined Linda Hall's yahoo group on felting, and have purchase roving wool and such on eBay and been playing with it a bit as well as hand felting a bit. I'm more interested in doing wall paintings on fabric or small wool appliques to put on quilts, bags, etc.

I also forgot to mention I bought Linda Hall's book on felting which is worth every penny and than some along with a couple other books on dry and wet felting.

I've been saving old wool sweaters, blankets and such to play with later and reuse in projects by cutting it up.

Fleece or flannel make a good background board so to speak to create your projects with. You truly can use alot of different fabrics along with wool and blend things in.

If you go to youtube and find Machine Needle Felting: Texturizing Fabric by ozgirl57 you will learn all sorts of things from her video's.

At this link she shows how to texturize fabric using a felting machine....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3O16...A6B642CB87B458

Just key in her name and you find all sorts of video's by her.