Old 02-18-2011, 07:07 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i have heard people say..."I don't really like quilts on my bed...they are not very warm"...WHAT??? REALLY??? my quilts are WARM!!!and my black wool Backyard Gathering quilt has double sided black flannel backing and a black wool batting inside! it is WARM! but being where we tend to have some pretty cold temps in the winter the people in my world like their quilts warm, heavy, snuggly! those are the kind i tend to make, no one will ever say.... i like the quilt but it doesn't keep you warm, i need a blanket too...
and i don't think i have a pic of it on the computer...i should get it out and take a couple, maybe this weekend i will do that...but there is a picture of it on the Cotton Patch Quilt Shop web site (the shop in East Tawas, Michigan) she has a link to customer quilts on her web site and mine is shown there. she also offers it as a BOM although i had made the quilt before it was offered that way.

Originally Posted by Kutnso
Wool quilts make beautiful wallhangings but believe me, you don't want to sleep under one. When I was a child, many years ago, my Mom and Gran made wool quilts out on men's discarded clothing etc., these were so heavy that you had to sleep with your feet sideways. Anyone else know about these???
Happy sewing, Kutnso
wool crazy patch pin cushion-gift
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117838[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-117833.jpe