Old 02-18-2011, 09:55 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by kwendt
Ahh.... and speaking of odd machines...

I ran across a Singer 328k (made in great britian). Tan in cabinet, uses cams. No accessories, books, or anything included in it. The thrift store wanted $40 for it. Should I consider getting this? It has a hidden belt drive, it looks like. The cabinet is so 50's with only a little side pull out holding almost nothing. ??? Good machine? Or no?
I have one in the Studio but I havent had time to play with it yet. So no opinion here but I have a buddy that loves his 328.

Billy
Billy, by chance would your friend only use heavier fabric with that machine? Like sewing for the bikes or the interior for the cars?
No all he does is quilt with his. I was asking him about it and he said it was one of his favorite machines and didnt care what Bill said about them. (he is on the Yahoo Singer group)

He has the US vrsion of the machine and when he found out I had the K model (which has a different look) he was jumping at the chance to get it. But I told him that it was already sold and that if I found another one I would give it to him.

Billy
Ok, With this information, I will not rule out the Singer 328k since it looks like an interesting machine that uses 15x1 needles. Thanks for this chat!