View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Lori S

OK I am going to confess.... It's a big slip.... I bought a whole bolt of fabric. ..... But I did make 4 full size quilts out of scraps prior to this purchase. THis fabric is for a quilt I have been wanting to make for three years. I have held onto the magazine and kept saying someday... someday. So it was not an impulse purchase ... and I purchased it the most $$$ efficent way possible. Time to confess my other issue.... I have a sister with a LQS.... maybe its a good thing she is over 500 miles away .... but I called her and asked her to order it for me ... and it arrived today.
I will admit/confess after 4 scrap quilts I can not wait to dive into the fresh fabric. The bolt has 10 yards ( not the typical 15) and because of the "family" discount it made it affordable to use the bolt fabric for the background for the top and just have the right amount for the backing as well.
Forgive me I broke my vow but needed to have this background fabric if I was ever going to make this quilt. I had spent three years collecting all of the other fabrics.... and was a bit burnt on scrap quilts. This one is all paper peiced and will consume me for quite awhile.